- Scottie Scheffler is a -140 favorite to win the Charles Schwab Challenge after three rounds
- Scheffler leads by two strokes and is looking to win for the fifth time in the last three and a half months
- See the updated 2022 Charles Schwab Challenge odds below for Sunday’s final round
When it comes to golf, it’s Scottie Scheffler’s world and everyone else is just renting space. Scheffler is in position to win yet again this week at the Charles Schwab Challenge, and at this point it’s becoming more of a surprise when he doesn’t lift a trophy on Sunday than when he does.
Scheffler will take a two stroke lead into the Final Round at Colonial Country Club and oddmakers are expecting him to close the deal once more.
2022 Charles Schwab Challenge Odds
|Harold Varner III||4||-8||+1000|
Odds as of May 28th at DraftKings
Scheffler is a -140 favorite to bring home the title, well ahead of both Brendon Todd and Scott Stallings who share second place. A win this week would give Scheffler five victories this season before June 1st, something that hasn’t been accomplished since Tom Watson pulled it off in 1980.
Scheffler is Sensational
To give some context to how good Scheffler has been this season consider this: The most on course money ever won in a single season on the PGA Tour is just over $12 million by Jordan Spieth in 2014-15. If Scheffler claims victory on Sunday, he’ll surpass $11.5 million in earnings this season with three full months left on the schedule.
Another thing that speaks to Scheffler’s brilliance is the quality of fields he’s winning in. A Charles Schwab Challenge title would be the least prestigious of his five this season, and this week’s field featured six of the top-10 players in the world.
Scottie Scheffler holds the third-round lead/co-lead for the fourth time on the PGA TOUR. He is 1-for-3 in converting for the win (2022 Masters Tournament). pic.twitter.com/380KwhZUo3
— PGA TOUR Communications (@PGATOURComms) May 28, 2022
What’s interesting about Scheffler’s winning prowess is that two of his four victories have been come from behind efforts, while one was at the Match Play event. He’s held the 54-hole lead three previous times in his career and last month at the Masters was the first time he converted.
As for his play this week, all you need to know is that he’s made one bogey through 54 holes and it due to a three-putt. He leads the field in strokes gained tee-to-green and greens in regulation, and is 11-for-11 in scrambling.
— Charles Schwab Challenge (@CSChallengeFW) May 28, 2022
It’s going to take a Herculean type effort for someone to chase him down on Sunday as he’s simply not going to give this tournament away. Laying -140 on a player with a two-stroke lead may seem steep at first glance, but given his form and winning pedigree this season, I’d argue it’s a bargain.
Pick: Scottie Scheffler to Win (-140)
Use DraftKings Sportsbook Promo Code to Get $1,050 Bonus on NBA, NHL, MLB & French Open
2022 Charles Schwab Challenge Live Value Picks
- Cam Davis (+3000): If Scheffler isn’t going to let this title slip through his fingers someone else in the field is going to need to go low to snatch it from him. Davis is certainly capable of that. He’s made the second most birdies this week and has the third lowest Final Round scoring average in the field.
- Jordan Spieth (+4500): The three-time Major winner will start the Final Round six shots back but we’re just one week removed from Justin Thomas erasing a seven stroke starting deficit on Sunday at the PGA Championship. Spieth is a former champion of this event, has a win and a runner-up result in the past five weeks on Tour, and ranks second in this field in Final Round scoring average.
The post 2022 Charles Schwab Challenge 4th Round Odds, Predictions and Preview appeared first on Sports Betting Dime.